Tuesday, September 16, 2008

6 degrees of humdrum

So, I've been tagged by Sarah (I think). I have to list 6 unspectacular things about me. Here goes:

1. I'm an outie. This may or may not be related to the fact that I was born with a hole in my stomach wall. It was supposed to close up as I grew, but it never did.

2. When I was little, I was deathly afraid of the muppets. Especially the two men on the balcony. I think they were critics.

3. I could eat eggplant at every meal.

4. I have never been able to drink 8 glasses of water a day. Four, maybe. If it's hot out.

5. I am the only one of six sisters (and our mother) who can throw anything away. Their idea of getting rid of stuff is to pack it up and mail it to me. Seriously, I've gotten packaged food from them that expired in the 80s -- and don't get me started on the box full of shoulder pads.

6. I can move both my eyebrows independently. But I can't wiggle my ears.

Okay, so, the rules:
1. link the person who tagged you: Sarah
2. mention the rules on your blog
3. list 6 unspectacular things about you
4. tag 6 other bloggers by linking them.

Six? Really? How about 1: Valerie.

6 comments:

Valerie Loveland said...

Wow, six sisters? Do you have any brothers? I have two sisters, no brothers. Your family is like mine x 2.

Laura said...

Actually, I've got two brothers. We are truly a crowd. So much for zero population growth.

SarahJane said...

Could you tell me all the ways I might be able to eat eggplant? Because I only know one recipe and it isn't all that good. Make that, my husband only knows one recipe.
I can't believe your family sends you all that junk. Laura, those ladies have a problem. laugh.

Laura said...

Too true! Those packages make me laugh. As for eggplant, my favorite way to eat it is to slice it and roast it in the oven with olive oil and salt. I often eat that with hummus and pita. Yum! Simple but good.

SarahJane said...

Actually I was looking at someone's list at Good Reads recently and one of the cookbooks was "Alone with an Eggplant," or something similar.
Sounds like one for your to-read list.

Laura said...

I need that on my shelf!