Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I had so much fun this weekend


I forgot to feel guilty about not writing. Sunday night, we took the boys to see Nosferatu, with live piano accompaniment. What a blast. I wondered if it would be too scary for Remy, who is only nine, but I needn't have worried. We laughed more than anything. Being a silent film, everything rested on facial expressions, so the joy with which the main character does everything (in the first half of the film, that is) is just hilarious, tactile, 3-D. Knock, the Renfield character, is deliciously grotesque (oh, those eyebrows!) and the scene where Nosferatu carries his own coffin through the town is, well, about as bizarre as it sounds.

Other fun things we did this weekend:
1. Filled our window boxes with flowers
2. Made maple walnut ice cream (Faizan did that)
3. Framed an old transit map of Chicago
4. Stocked up on library books

2 comments:

Valerie Loveland said...

Please post the Chicago transit map if you end up taking a photo--I love that kind of thing.

Also, fun still from Nosferatu!

Laura said...

Thanks, Valerie. I should have photographed it before I framed it. Argh! Maybe it'll still come out...