Thursday, May 8, 2008

"She will have big boomerang eyes

that will mow down the wheat like a windowpane
frosted
and starred from a revolver's bullet."

Benjamin Péret, Arm in Arm

Today is my birthday. I will probably be late for work. I will eat leftover plantain enchiladas for lunch. Then I'll read some prose poems by Charles Simic. There are unopened packages on the piano bench. There is a pineapple in the fruit basket because I like the way the scissory top looks. If someone makes me a cake, I'll eat it; otherwise, I'm making fruit salad.

7 comments:

Laura said...

Thank you, Valerie!

Brenda Morisse said...

Dear Laura, Happy birthday fellow bull. Hope you have a great year, filled with poetry, family, love, health, success, money...

love,
brenda

Laura said...

Thank you, dear Brenda! A fellow Taurus? When's your birthday? No fair keeping such things secret!
Love,
Laura

SarahJane said...

duh, i only had to scroll down!
Sorry I missed your birthday. hope it was lovely. sarah

Laura said...

Thanks, Sarah; it was lovely. I got my fruit salad, and even strawberry shortcake (and a splurgey bottle of wine).

SarahJane said...

that's great. How I'd love to spend an afternoon drinking a bottle of wine with you. smile

Laura said...

Sarah, that would be lovely.
Darn that continental drift!