Wednesday, May 9, 2007

"Necklace, drunken bell

for your hands smooth as grapes."

Yesterday was my birthday, and I am giddy over my new gifts--one of them, a huge collection of the poetry of Pablo Neruda (hence the above quote from "So that you will hear me.") Other loot:
And Her Soul Out Of Nothing, by Olena Kalytiak Davis
The Reluctant Fundamentalist, by Mohsin Hamid
The Master Letters, by Lucie Brock-Broido (no more hoarding the library's copy!)
Ainadamar, an opera based on the life and death of Federico Garcia Lorca, by my favorite composer, Osvaldo Golijov. Yay! A friend and I have already purchased tickets to see it at CSO in February of 2008.
Finally, the boys made me some homemade bubble bath/body wash, from a recipe they discovered on the internet. They also made my cake. My birthday wish: a plot for the upcoming Script Frenzy.

No comments: